Space & Psychedelic Rock Music Forum.
WELCOME TO THE SPACE ROCK FORUM, WE HOPE YOU WILL BE VERY HAPPY HERE!
Space & Psychedelic Rock Music Forum.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the Space & Psychedelic Rock Music Forum. (Updated 2022)

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Top posters
dick65
HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Vote_lcapHELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Voting_barHELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Vote_rcap 
Admin drgaz
HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Vote_lcapHELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Voting_barHELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Vote_rcap 
Quark,strangeness&Tom
STEVE MANGE
TheOnlyCherryPie
bat-out-of-hell
The Sea King
space_ritual
JackGoldMolina
john61
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Most active topic starters
dick65
Quark,strangeness&Tom
Admin drgaz
STEVE MANGE
The Sea King
bat-out-of-hell
Electrocuted
TheOnlyCherryPie
JackGoldMolina
john61
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 266 on Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:41 pm

HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Empty
PostSubject: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi to all! My name is STEVE MANGE and I am a member of a local psycedelic fusion band :"TIME PULLS THE TRIGGER" in Johnson City, Tennessee; USA
There is not a great saturation of psychedelic/space/rock venues(or even listeners) up here in the mountains, so I was browsing the internet for like minded individuals and found this forum.
What's shaking, people?
Back to top Go down
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

PostSubject: YOU GUYS SURE ARE QUIET   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:41 am

HERE... LISTEN TO SOME OF THIS TIL YOU COME BACK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ4jMGpCm38&feature=plcp

http://soundcloud.com/steve-mange/can-i-touch-it2

http://soundcloud.com/steve-mange/stand-by-for-action
Back to top Go down
dick65
dick65

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:00 pm

welcome to the forum, i can hear traces of steve hillage /system 7 in there along with some spacey blues ,nice one .
its usually country music down your way so its good to hear something different :)

hey your music tracks are well cool steve!
Back to top Go down
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

PostSubject: Thank you for the kind words!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:56 pm

dick65,

Yes, I am situated just 45 miles from the Carter Fold and official birthplace of Country Music.
Nonetheless, Country has always left a stale taste in my mouth and is not the preferred genre of any of my compatriots in TIME PULLS THE TRIGGER.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate any music... I just like redneck music the least.
This still hasn't stopped me from sneaking the occasional mandolin into the studio(check out the bridge in "Can I Touch It?")
We are currently working on moving our general style more towards a less refined Roky Erikson type sound fusion with 1980's turntablism (see "Stand By for Action") and related internet searches led me to your fine forum!
I am very glad to be accepted into your members list, and hope to make some sort of meaningful contribution to your discussions.
What are some of your site's hottest topics at this time?
What are your own personal favorite styles/artists?

Steve
Back to top Go down
Admin drgaz
Admin
Admin
Admin drgaz

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 7:59 pm

Hi Welcome Steve, for me the site is based on Hawkwind Bob Calvert and Nik turner, over the past 12 months since the site was knocked up Dick65 a good mate of mine and Tom my son have compiled more of a juke box of fine tunes and its nice you can contribute to well cool n groovy.
Back to top Go down
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

PostSubject: Thank you for the warm welcome!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:04 pm

drgaz,

When I was a kid(long before the internet), we didn't get any good music from Europe until it was at least ten years old and only then if we found it for sale second-hand at obscure college campus record stores.

Of course, British Mega-Pop crap was occasionally played on our local Pop crap radio stations if Casey Kasem deemed it dull enough to be considered "Top 40".

I kind of "backed in" to Hawkwind via Nik Turner's later collaborations with Helios Creed... I was really into Chrome at the time. (yes, I know Hawkwind is a far stretch from Chrome, but I do sooooo love all things spacey!)

I've not heard any of Bob Calvert's stuff after Hawkwind, but I will be checking that out now that I've met you guys! I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on which albums to start digesting first in the Bob Calvert, post-Hawkwind, stuff I might find out there on this glorious collective conscious internet thingy.

Thanks again,

Steve

Back to top Go down
dick65
dick65

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 9:52 pm

hi steve,you should check out bob calvert captain lockheed lp that will lead you onto his other works,im also into krautrock, early can, cluster, neu, la dusseldorf,harmonia,ash ra temple etc although im not really into kraftwerk i find them a bit commercial,other stuff is gong ,steve hillage and the outer spectrum of psyche and rock where the weird stuff lives :) wasnt casey kasem the voice of shaggy in scooby doo? i like the way your going with the 13th floor elevators.
Back to top Go down
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

PostSubject: Shaggy was the fascist dictator of the Rural American aiwaves for the majority of my life.   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 3:59 am

Guys,

I found Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters on vinyl and ordered it. Just in case the condition of the "used" item is less than as pristine as the description implied, I also found a copy on CD. As I was "checking out" on that transaction, I received a Reuters news alert stating that the Chairman of Lockheed just resigned over some kind of sex scandal... how freaky is that?

My parents were Hippies that layed around the University long enough to become Doctors of different stuff and Eventually mutate into Yuppies with Ronald Reagan, sheer excess, and convenience as the norm, so I was steeped in everything from The Elevators to Rick James in my youth.

The first music I really ever got into as like my own thing that I wanted to listen to was the Beatles White Album. I bet I rubbed off an entire needle on Revolution 9 alone. Pink Floyd was next... all of it. I think it was probably a couple of years before a momentary lapse of reason that I started getting into the FREAKY stuff coming out of the Texas psychedelic punk scene. The Elevators left something like a seed there in their home town fans, the kids at the shows, when they left for San Fransisco.

About the same time, I started devouring everything progressive, psychedelic, trip-hop, punk, glam, ambient, or just plain weird that I could swap out for more... except for Country.

In East Tennessee/Western North Carolina, everything I could get my hands on was not a lot.

Did I mention how glad I am that you guys are letting me hang out here?

Thanks,
STEVE

Back to top Go down
dick65
dick65

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 6:53 pm

your welcome m8 its nice chatting to like minded people :) congratulations on your purchase of captain lockheed your in for a treat,the atomhenge record label has been re issuing some superb remastered early hawkwind cd's of late with loads of quality bonus stuff,if you can i would suggest quark strangeness and charm and hawklords 25 years both with calvert on lead vocals :)
,you could write a book on texas psyche m8 plenty of it ,the only country i like is country joe and the fish Laughing sounds like a nice part of the world where your from steve hope you avoided sandy mate.
Back to top Go down
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 am

Sandy didn't do anything but leave a couple feet of snow at the tops of the mountains here. It was about a month early, though. I'm stoked with anticipation about the arrival of Captain Lockheed in my mailbox! I will give you all a "virgin" review as soon as it comes!

Here's my favorite song of all time as of now ,before I heard Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters, for the first time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEk3OmWcaDI
Back to top Go down
dick65
dick65

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 4:14 pm

look forward to the review steve,have a browse around the forum m8,you'll find various sections to post stuff :)
Back to top Go down
STEVE MANGE
Earth
Earth

PostSubject: Captain Lockheed arrives   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:15 am

Guys,

Got the CD today, Atomhenge re-release, no vinyl yet; Tried listening at work but my boss is a needy little redneck... Am Intrigued by the bits I've heard so far!

Totally off the subject, my band did the music for a short film contest entry a couple of months ago and It got featured on USA TODAY's website a couple of days ago... Check it out if you have time:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/popcandy/2012/11/14/pop-candy-film-contest-entry/1705073/

I'll be back Monday with a virgin's review of Captain Lockheed and the Starfighters, plan to keep it on the PA during all downtime and breaks this weekend and get in as many full listens as possible.

Steve
Back to top Go down
Admin drgaz
Admin
Admin
Admin drgaz

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 8:51 am

I have Captain Lockheed in the car its never gets EJECTED! love it.

I watched your link Steve very good weird but good filming, I want that green teliphone! there wourth bucks here!
you should check out the Blaire witch project....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!   HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

HELLO From Hillbilly-land!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Space & Psychedelic Rock Music Forum.-
Jump to: